Social & Emotional Intelligence – Another way of being smart – Heighten Success, improve your life and become an Influential Leader. We will cover 26 competencies that determine how we manage ourselves and how we handle our relationships.
18th of the Series is:
Being attuned to others, demonstrating compassion and sensitivity, putting others at ease, and having the ability to relate well and build rapport with all kinds of people; having diplomacy, tact and interpersonal skills, and knowing how to use them to ease transactions and relationships with others.
Here are some of the qualities people have with “Interpersonal Effectiveness”
- Take a genuine interest in, and are curious about, other people; they want to know who they are, what they do and how they think.
- Have exceptional listening skills, and listen for what’s not being said as much as for the spoken words; they listen for understanding, without interrupting, without judgment.
- Interact smoothly with others, even at the nonverbal level.
- Understand and respect cultural, religious, gender and socioeconomic differences.
Here are some of the qualities people have who are lacking Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- May devalue others and dismiss their contributions, demonstrating a lack of respect.
- Fail to listen and instantly jump in with their opinions, solutions, and conclusions.
Can you strengthen your “Interpersonal Effectiveness”? YES!
Some Developmental Tips
- Focus on other people first, remember Stephen Covey’s habit of highly effective people, “See first to understand.”
- Understand that people come in different styles – take a Drake P3 Assessment and learn to “read” others and enhance your ability to approach others with the appropriate interpersonal skills. Become skilled in using all types of interpersonal skills, know and understand the people you relate with, and select that interpersonal approach that is most comfortable for them, not for you.
- Maintain composure, keep your communication constructive, convey your intent to help and support and not diminish, put down or make the other person wrong.
Certified through the:
Our Social & Emotional Intelligence coaching services:
- We are certified coaches through The “Institute of Social & Emotional Intelligence
- We use two assessments to help us better understand you and for you to get to know your strengths and possible areas that could improve.
- We help you break through barriers that can hold you back from reaching a fulfilled work & personal life
To learn more: Social & Emotional Intelligence Coaching
Our HR Program includes an employee manual and much more. We walk you through step by step offering sound advice as we work together to personalize your practices’ specific online employee manual.
To learn more: Human Resources
Dental Consulting Services
A Minnesota Dental Consulting Company who provides successful dental management systems specific to your needs using a hands-on approach. Building strong teams by advancing their communication skills with each other and your patients.
To learn more: Dental Consulting Services